Wednesday 19 March 2014

80s fashion

So lately I've been having a bit of an obsession with 80s films and TV shows and I couldn't help but fall in love with not only the whole idea of the time period but also the fashion. I mean who doesn't love high waisted levi's and a baggy sports jumper?

After watching the breakfast club for about the twentieth time, I decided to watch pretty in pink which also stars Molly Ringwald. It centers around her character Andie struggling to deal with high school prejudices and the divide between the rich and poor students. Her character proves that you don't need money to be stylish as she illustrates by creating her own unique outfits and even prom dress from old clothes she finds at thrift stores.




This then lead me to watch the entire first series of freaks and geeks in about two days (I was ill at the time I promise I do have a life). 
I not only loved it because of the amazing cast which includes James Franco, Seth Rogan and Jason Segel all at the start of theirs careers but also because of the amazing clothes featured throughout the show.  I spent the whole time longing for the main character's parka which she wore in every episode.
It was filmed in the 90s but based in the early 80s and was just absolutely hilarious, I would definitely recommend watching it. 
My favourite character has got to be Sam Weir simply because of his facial expressions. Second favourite goes to Daniel simply because of James Franco's face. 





No comments:

Post a Comment