Tuesday 15 July 2014

GRUNGE

At the moment, I'm a girl who's style can change almost every week. Not just because of new trends appearing, but because after a while I seem to become more open  to styles that I would never have even considered wearing. Call it an experimental phase.

Grunge/90s grunge is one of these styles. I have always longed to be that girl who can have bleached blonde hair, wear high waisted mom jeans, a flannel shirt and Lennon style glasses and still look effortlessly cool. Take Drew Barrymore as an example.

Now the typical 90s fashion trends have started to pop up all over the high street, and I'm loving it. Firstly, it's given me an excuse to wear all my childhood scrunchies again, I even found an identical to American Apparel's black velvet scrunchie, just saying.
Now I just need to invest in an oversized leather jacket, high waisted denim shorts and a bum-bag and I'll be all good to go to channel my inner Drew Barrymore.




Overall, wearing the 90s style is quite a leap out of my comfort zone (wearing all black..) but I'm enjoying every minute of it and hope this trend is here to stay.










2 comments: